Friday, May 22, 2009

WHY NOT JUST KILL ME?

Let me go down on my knees
Let me humble myself at your feet
Let me say I am sorry

I am sorry for the color of my skin
I am for my language
I am sorry that my parents are poor
I am that their color is not the same as your parents
I am sorry that my children follow my color
I am sorry I was born this way.

I am not excusing myself
But it is the truth:
I had no say the way I am to be born.
If I know my color will offend you so much
And if I could
I would have asked not to be born
So that you may be happy.
So that you may have it all.

I offer this from the bottom of my heart
To appease you
For the fault of my skin color
Please take my life
Just kill me
BUT one thing I ask:

Please let my parents and my children live
As human beings
As you
with dignity and love.

just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment